An authorization to enter Turkey for academic purposes is known as a Turkey Student Visa. By requesting a residency permit, it allows the visitor to temporarily settle in Turkey. It is given to people who want to undertake an internship in Turkey, take a course, or enroll in a school, a university, among other things.Also see more:How Do I Write a Cover Letter for a Student Visa to Germany?
Do I Need a Study Visa for Turkey?
All other international citizens, excluding students from the Northern Republic of Cyprus, require a visa in order to enter Turkey for academic purposes.
The following are exempt from the Turkish Study Visa requirement:
- international students who have already completed their secondary and high school education in Turkey and who wish to pursue a bachelor’s or master’s degree there.
- students whose parents have a work visa and a resident permit for Turkey.
- card holders in blue.
- Check out our post on who requires a Turkish visa if you wish to apply for another form of visa for Turkey but aren’t sure if you need one or not.
How Do I Apply for a Student Visa in Turkey?
To apply for a student visa to Turkey, you must go through a number of steps, including gathering the necessary paperwork and appearing at a visa interview. All of these steps are outlined and discussed in the section that follows.
When to Use
To avoid any issues, it is strongly advised that you submit your application for a Turkish student visa on time. The following timeline applies to applications for student visas to Turkey:
- 60 days before to your anticipated trip for Turkey is the earliest you may apply.
- You can submit your application up until one month before your trip In which to Apply.
Your country of residence must have a Turkish embassy, consulate, or third-party visa application center where you can submit your application for a study visa. Keep in mind that only the Turkish embassy is authorized to process your application and render a judgment on your case.Also see more:How to obtain a visa for Indonesia
choosing the appropriate student visa for Turkey
You will have the option to choose one of the following options when submitting an online application for a Turkish education visa:
Internship AIESEC ERASMUS Internship
Turkish Language Instruction Purpose\sCourse The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus’s system of higher education has a specific purpose.
Obtain your letter of acceptance or a comparable document.
You must provide documentation proving your eligibility, whether you’re applying to take a course, complete an internship, or study at a Turkish university. Every applicant for a Turkish student visa will be asked to provide a Letter of Acceptance or its equivalent.
Before continuing with the other application steps, make sure you have this letter in your possession.
Fill out the pre-requirement system’s online form.
You must first fill out the online application at the pre-requirement system, just like you would when applying for any other kind of Turkish visa.
You will be given a date for your visa interview after submitting this form.
Documents Needed to Apply for a Student Visa for Turkey
The following are the documents needed to apply for a student visa for Turkey:
- completed the application for a student visa in Turkey.
- your current passport
- biometric images that meet the standards for Turkey visa photos.
- proof of purchased airline tickets.
- for the duration of your trip to Turkey.
a letter of acceptance confirming your acceptance by a Turkish educational institution. The letter must specify how long you will be staying.
- If necessary, documentation of payment for the educational program you are planning to attend.
- transcripts, certificates, and diplomas from the past.
evidence of financial capability. The Turkish government wants you to provide proof that you have enough money to cover your living expenses and tuition while you are studying there. You’ll have to provide some supporting documentation. This might be:
- Your bank statements demonstrating that you have the necessary funds.
- Whenever applicable, a letter of scholarship.
If your parents or another individual will be paying for your stay and studies in Turkey, a letter of sponsorship is required.
- evidence of accommodation You may need to show a document as proof of lodging, depending on where you plan to stay while visiting Turkey.
- A document demonstrating that you have a reserved spot must be shown if you plan to stay in a dorm.
- You must show a letter of invitation from the host if you have been asked to stay with friends or family in Turkey.
Present a lease signed by both you and the landlord if you have rented a place for yourself.
Student Visa Consultation in Turkey
You must appear at the Turkish embassy or consulate in your home country on the day of your interview. You will have a brief interview with a consular official who will inquire about your journey in detail.
Make sure you have all the necessary paperwork on hand. If you forget even one, you can be refused right away and have to restart the entire process. Keep in mind that whether you receive the visa or not depends in large part on the interview. Do your best to impress!
Processing of Student Visa Applications for Turkey
Depending on the nation you are applying from, your Turkey visa application will be processed differently. even though in some nations you
Upon Arrival in Turkey
When entering Turkey on a student visa, you must register with the neighborhood police station as soon as you get there. Next, you should go to the Provincial Directorate of Migration Administration to submit an application for a residency permit.
After receiving the “ikamet,” or residence permit, you can live in Turkey, open a bank account, and carry out a number of other tasks. You should request an extension of your ikamet six weeks before it expires.